Baltimore Maryland
Well it is spring time which means it is time for me to head somewhere along the East coast to watch some baseball (it's inevitable). My weekend off happened to correspond with the Blue Jays' first visit of the year to Baltimore.......and some unseasonably warm weather. It was kind of last minute but the stars were aligned for me to head down for the weekend.
My GPS told me the drive would take me about 7 hours....which usually means I can make it in about 6. We were both wrong....it took me almost 7.5 hours. It took me an hour to great across NYC and then another 45 minutes to get gas in New Jersey (gas is always cheaper on the turnpike so it actually is worth the wait).
I took this picture while sitting in traffic on the Cross Bronx Expressway. Express it was not and I assure you there was no way to maintain my speed....unless 3 km/h is a new speed limit.
Anyway, eventually I made it there. For a trip to watch some baseball however, I actually did not watch that much baseball. I contacted a friend (Catharine...you may remember her from the John Legend concert last summer) and she was like, come stay with me, let's hang out, I'm calling people so we can go out for dinner, I have to work but we will still hangout. So I got there Friday and actually didn't make it to the ball park until Sunday. But all was good because along with Catharine I was also able to spend sometime with David, John, and Amy......who I also worked with at Hopkins.
My other excitement was that on Thursday I bought a new camera. I am very excited about it. So excited that I keep using the word excited. I still have no idea how to use it but I am learning. So while Catharine was as work and I had no baseball to watch, I was taking pictures of random things and enjoying the sunshine. Did I mention it was about 16 C (61 F) on Saturday and then jumped up to 25 C (77 F) on Sunday? Probably not, but it was super nice.
Anyway, here are some pictures from my weekend. Not even sure they are in any particular order but you get the point.
One of the first pictures I took with my new camera. I took it about 18 times while changing all the settings on my camera .....and they all look really different but this was the first so this is the one that gets posted.
This is the view from Catharine's apartment window. Such a cute little place.
I love the flowers in the Spring time. Ok I don't like the allergies that come along with them but everything else is ok. Everything was so nice and green and everything was in bloom in Baltimore. I returned to Boston to still find everything grey and dull. Forgot how much faster the spring comes in Maryland.
No children out playing on this gorgeous day. In fact, the streets and alley ways were pretty empty.
This is one of the main streets from the Inner Harbour. It leads up to the Power Plant......which is a giant bar and night club, not an actual power plant.
Wouldn't be Baltimore if there wasn't at least one person sleeping on a bench somewhere. Do you think that little guy even notices?
No matter how many times I have been to Baltimore and wandered the streets, I always seem to find something new. I can't recall ever seeing this before.
Yes, this is a familiar picture.....the road leading up to Oriole Park.
Eventually it was Sunday and I made my way over to Oriole Park to catch some baseball. You will all be very happy to know that my streak is broken.....The Jays WON!!!! I am no longer banned from the ball park. Anyway, here are some shots from the game.I totally love my 26 times zoom. I'm not even remotely close to these guys but I can almost read their lips and follow their conversation.
I do believe we are looking at the Jays' collection of gum and sunflower seeds and stuff.
So glad the foam finger was the fan item of the game and was on sale. And yes there is a little sarcasm in that statement. It seemed like everyone in the area had one. Don't worry, this little guy got bored early and it didn't spend much more time blocking my view.
Now if only this guy would get bored and move on. Don't worry he did eventually move. This wasn't his seat.
See I have a much better view now.
Nice boots.
Eventually I had to head back to Boston. I had work Monday morning. It was a long drive back (I hit traffic before I even left Baltimore, but luckily it was pretty thin once I got to NYC) but it was worth every minute I spent in the car. And I have a feeling me and my camera will be having a lot more fun times together in the days, weeks and months to come.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment