Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Philadelphia

So I have managed to pry myself away from work in Harrisburg long enough to pay a visit to the City of Brotherly Love or as it is also know Philadelphia. What a great place Philly is…so much to do and see. Of course Philly is home to the liberty bell, the Philly Fanatic, a few sports teams (one from every Pro sport league) Rocky (you know from the movies) and a whole lot of other things. Oh yeah and it just happens to be the birth place of America. Yes of course all those hundreds of years ago the Declaration of Independence was signed here. I have never been through so many security screens just to visit some tourist attractions. Of course Independence Hall (where the Declaration was signed) is the single most important historical location in all of the US so I guess it is well warranted. Philadelphia also happens to be the home of the first university, the first hospital and the first penitentiary (it also use to be the beer making capital of the US but not any more I am afraid). I will not attempt to put all that I have seen in one posting so stay tuned for a few new ones over the next couple of days. I did not get everything done that I wanted to but with Philly only being a couple hours away it will be very easy over the next few months to see everything else.

Julie





No comments: