Wednesday, May 09, 2007

One more Baltimore Stop

I totally forgot to mention my other stop in Baltimore before I left the city. It was at The Walters Art Museum. Really it was like any other ary museum you will visit with a wide range of galleries. They included European Art, Asian Art, Egyptian art (including a mummy), Renaissance and Baroque Art and The Medieval World complete with a Knight's Hall (all the Knights in shining armour you could need). It was a great place to spend a quiet afternoon.

I also liked the fact that admission was free and the museum is open to everyone. Only a couple rules, no touching the art work and you have to have to wear shirts and shoes. I guess that was a problem for a little while, but now as long as you follow the rules you can come in, hang out as long as you like and experience some great art. I'm guessing it wouldn't be a bad place to escape the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter. It beats a bus shelter.

Julie

No comments: