Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Old Ball Game

Like I said in an earlier posting, my love for baseball has totally been renewed. Living in Connecticut I am living in the middle of one of the biggest rivalries in baseball. That of course is the rivalry between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. Although we are closer to New York, we are in New England so it seems that the Red Sox fans out number the Yankee fans. I on the other hand am still a Toronto Blue Jays fan (and Dad always told me that you never cheer for the Yankees) so I will almost fit in here.

As promised, here are a few pictures from my ball games.

I got to Oriole Park nice and early so I could watch the warm-up and see some batting practice. Of course at that time you can get down nice and close to take pictures and that kind of stuff. The Jays looked good here but at this game....this was the best they looked.

Here is the view from my seat. They were a little high up but in the club section so I got great service. I love ball park food. Mmmmm....hot dogs. Frank Thomas is up to bat by the way.

Here is me hanging out at Fenway Park...on the tour. These seats are right down by the field. I can't quite afford these seats.

This is the view from my seats at Fenway Park. The pole on the left slightly obstructed my view of the jumbotron and the cover above me obstructed my view of high fly balls but other than that these seats were great. I really had a great time.

I got to the Fenway game nice and early too so I once again could see some batting practice. Here is John McDonald and Vernon Wells (with the glove on his head).

Here is Frank Thomas, A.K.A The Big Hurt. You may not be able to tell from here, but this guy is huge. 6"5', about 300lbs. He hit a huge home run over the Green Monster. I must say even if they had lost the game the trip would have been worth it just to see that home run. He can't run that well anymore, can't play 1st base anymore and really can't do much more than DH but when he gets a hold of one lookout. He still knocks them out of the park like no one else.

David Ortiz, A.K.A Big Papi of the Red Sox at bat. He struck out.

So this is not the exact seat I sat in (I couldn't get a picture of that because my hands were full of hot dogs and beer), but these seats have been in Fenway since the 70's. Not the most comfortable but all part of the Fenway experience.

Oh and the Jays lost in Baltimore 5-2 and they won in Boston 7-3. Both great games and great baseball atmospheres (although nothing really compares to Fenway....ok well maybe at Wrigley in Chicago but I haven't actually seen a game there yet.)

What's next? Yankee Stadium!!!!

Julie

No comments: