Saturday, July 05, 2008

Canada Day 2008

July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!!!!





Well I managed to find myself a piece of Canadian soil this Canada Day......ok it was only at the embassy but it counts. The embassy here in DC was all dressed up looking its best. Lots of people around as well as they had a small party going on. There was music and a BBQ (some hoe I think the Canadian beef was missing though) and some hockey activities from the Washington Capitals. I have to admitt, I did not sample the BBQ as I had plans to head to Georgetown and do some shopping (the line was very long) but I did dress up in my best Canada shirt and carry my flag all over DC that day. My car has also been decked out with extra Canadian flags all week ( I always have at least one hanging from the rearview) so no one could mistake it. It was kind of fun because every once in a while some would honk at me and flash thier Canadian flag at me too. Turns out you are never that far from a Canadian (even if they have actually given up thier Canadian license plates).



Anyway, I spent a wonderful day shopping in Georgetown (I did not buy too much because I really can't afford to shop there) but it is always fun to check stuff out. I topped the day off with a nice Keiths (I still have a couple in my fridge).

Julie

No comments: