Saturday, July 05, 2008

Independence Day

July 4th, 2008


You have to know I caught some great fireworks living in the DC area. Of course there was a lot of stuff going on down on the Mall all day and was going to check out a bunch of it and then thought better of it. The weather was hot and humid and there were about 16 million people (give or take a few million) so I actually spent most of the day relaxing at home and then headed down to the mall for the fireworks. My friend John (who I worked at Hopkins with...I escaped but he is still stuck there) joined me for the show. It was very crowded and once we made it through the security check point (yes purse/bag checks for all before you could enjoy the show) but we still managed to find a great seat under some trees about a block from the Washington Monument. We had a great view of the show. Here are a few pictures and a short video.


My friend John



Me hanging out with a few of the other million people.


Some fireworks. I was impressed with how there were not all Red, White and Blue.




They finished with a flurry. It really was a great show and fun to experience the 4th in the Nation's Capitol.


Julie

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Great pics and video, I love fireworks!!!