Friday, September 3rd to Sunday September 5th, 2010
Once again the weekend was upon us which meant that Deb and Scott had a few days off so we found a few things to do. Friday night, which is normally our relax at home night turned into a really late, not relax at home night. Debi's friend Dave (who she works with) invited us to a friend's themed house party. The theme was Art versus Science and they asked everyone to dress up as something related to either of those things. Deb had to work all day on Friday so it was up to Scott and I to find some costumes for us. Lucky for us, we are both pretty good on short notice.
Deb and Scott took art so naturally I took science. Can't lie....we looked pretty good. Here are a few pictures from the evening. Some people did a really good job with their costumes.
The 3 of us. I went as a very cute nerd (no the socks are not mine....they are in fact Debi's). Those glasses, well they actually gave me a headache and I couldn't see my feet so not only did I look like a nerd but I also tripped around like one too. Debi, dressed up as an artist. She is wearing pants, don't worry. Scott could have pulled off a pretty decent John Lennon with those glasses.
Look, he even brought a date. He put much more effort into his costume.
This guy also put in a lot of effort. His bright idea, wire a light bulb to his head that he could turn on with a switch on his belt and go as Thomas Edison.
Scott and Jerry. Jerry didn't actually know it was a costume party so didn't get dressed up, however he eventually just told everyone he was a male model.
Seriously, I might look cute in the glasses but they gave me a headache and I couldn't see my feet. A few other people had some as well but popped the lenses out. I tried that but mine were made too well. Stupid $2 glasses wouldn't break.
Eventually the party ended and we had to walk home....carrying our esky (that's a cooler in Australian). It was fun.
Saturday....well Saturday we did a lot of nothing. It turns out none of us recover from a late night party as quickly as we use to. Sunday however we decided to relax and find ourselves another swimming hole out in the wilderness of Litchfield National Park. This time we stayed a little closer to home and headed to a little place called Berry Springs.
Don't let the warning sign scare you. This area is heavily monitored for croc activity. They have park rangers and crocodile traps and everything.
It was a peaceful little spot. Lots of families. Fathers' Day in Australia is September 5th so there was lots of picnicking going on.
Well mostly peaceful although Scott seems too relaxed to let the noise and splashing bother him.
And that was another weekend in Darwin. Nice and relaxed. Just the way I like it.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment