Thursday, April 12, 2012

None of This So More of That

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Thursday, March 14th, 2012


I've managed to pick up a very bad habit....possibly bordering on addiction since moving to Riyadh. A&W Root Beer. Yes you read that right. For the last few weeks I literally have to have one every single day. The cold, frothy, sweet taste of A&W Root Beer just makes me feel good. And it's caffeine free so doesn't keep me awake at night.


It just got me thinking....not because I've never really drank root beer before, but because I've never really drank pop on a daily basis before. Certainly not in a while. So what am I replacing? What is missing that makes me hit the Root Beer everyday? The simple answer.......Wine. I honestly think I'm replacing wine with root beer. Not that I drank wine everyday back home......but I could if I wanted to.


So now I think I need to find a replacement for Root beer....something less sugary and bad for me. I'm thinking apple juice but I'm currently taking suggestions.


Julie

No comments: