Saturday, October 6th to Sunday, November 5th, 2012
After 10 months in the sand pit (I assure you we refer to Riyadh in that way with nothing but love) it was time to head home to Canada for a visit. Why October you might ask......well it contains my 3 favourite holidays, Canadian Thanksgiving, Halloween and the World Series. Now I know what you are all saying, the World Series isn't a holiday, but trust me, the way Dad and I do it, trust me it is.
Anyway, my first stop (after Heathrow Airport in London) was Toronto for some time with Heather and to meet sweet Little Olivia for the first time. Basically I just hung out with them for nine days, enjoyed a Thanksgiving dinner (turkey is so good), made some time for dinner and a movie with a friend in Toronto and some shopping.
How cute is she????? And so happy....at least when I was holding her. Of course when she was unhappy I simply gave her back. Oh I love being an Aunty!!!!
Look at those big eyes. So beautiful.
Yes one of my big purchases was Olivia's first Blue Jays jersey. They don't make jerseys any smaller than for a 2 year old so this one should fit her for a couple seasons.
My 9 days went very quickly and eventually I had to move on. It was a lot harder than I thought but the rest of my trip would be spent in Western Canada (in Vernon and Calgary).
The flowers that greeted me in my bedroom.
My time in Vernon was split between watching baseball, Doctors appointments, a couple marathon dentist appointments, shopping and of course carving a few pumpkins.
In the Eye of the Beholder.Turned out very nice I think.
Cat got your tongue. Another success. I had a third one planned but I ran out of time (I ended up in the dentist chair for like 3 hours on Halloween). But not to worry Dad stepped in and completed the trio for me.
The Bodden's Sweet Ass pumpkins. Halloween once again.......a total success.
How cute is Lady Bug Olivia? Heather almost didn't buy a costume but we found this one at Costco for like $10 and had to buy it. She looks so happy to be a little Lady Bug too.
I also made a quick side trip to Calgary where I managed to see almost everyone (so many breakfasts and lunches and dinners and drinks) and attend a baby shower (I won a game)......and go shopping (do you see a pattern forming).
I actually miss the cold weather drives through the mountains. And the roads were pretty bare so it was nice and enjoyable.
Oh look, stopped traffic. That almost never happens on the drive through the mountains (that's some severe sarcasm). For once I would love to make this drive without any construction.
I also did a little diving while in Canada. Yes that's right I did some fabulous cold water, dry suit scuba diving. I wanted to get my Advanced Open Water before I got back to Saudi and they actually do a lot of diving in the Vernon area (who knew?). Now I must say, cold water diving in a dry suit is a whole lot harder than the diving I've been doing in Saudi. Much more technical. I 'm so glad I did it. I can't say it's what I want to be doing that all the time (I really like the warm water) but I'm sure I will try it again some time. Sorry no pictures from this dive trip. I didn't pack the camera plus I was far too busy drying to stay afloat to take pictures.
My four weeks went very, very quick so it wasn't long before I had to take on that ever daunting task of packing my bags. Always so much harder than I expect.....and we still had to mail a box full of stuff, but eventually everything got here.
My new suitcase didn't last very long but since I paid 80% off for it at the local closing Zellers, it's not much of a loss.
And that in a nutshell was my four weeks in Canada. Of course as usual, the trip wasn't long enough and I didn't get to see everyone I would have liked to have seen but it is always great to be home.
Until next time.
Julie








2 comments:
I am wishing I wasn't here now, its so cold, and I am so jealous of you!! Your neice is a doll, pass on our congrats for us will ya?? Have a blast!!
She is too cute!!!!
Post a Comment