Friday, July 27th, 2012
Well my favourite time of year (well more correctly every 4 years) has arrived, the Opening Ceremony of the Summer Olympics. Luckily I was not the only one excited and the girls from the UK (Lola and Naomi) decided they need to host an Opening Ceremony Party. Everyone came in their nation's colours and together we enjoyed the night.
I'm sure everyone has their favourite moments and a usual I was very excited to see Canada enter the stadium.....but I think we were all in love with watching The Queen jump out of helicopter with James Bond.
Here are a few pictures from the night.
Representing!!! We've got Britain and Ireland and Britain and of course Canada.
A look at some of the food and decorations. It was fantastic.
The other Canadian is Amber. The confused looking one, Michelle, is originally from Jamaica but now calls the UK home so she was representing both countries.
A few Aussies in the house as well.
Gay is from Malaysia and is a big boxing fan so she had to have a boxing photo.
Look The Queen even stopped by for a visit. She had a very busy evening.
To say the ceremonies ended very late here in Saudi was an understatement but most of us managed to stay awake long enough to see the torch enter the stadium and the cauldron lit.
As you can imagine the next few weeks you will find me firmly planted in front of my TV watching the games.
Happy Olympics to everyone.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment