Well, there was a near catastrophe today but I am happy to say it has been averted. I have a couple of slow weeks at work. Due to the Hajj/Eid break and renovations at my office I have been working from home since the 29th of September (it may get extended for an unknown period of time but we will have to wait and see) and things slow down since pretty much everyone else is on leave right now. This has given me a bit of extra and time and thought I would break up work and homework with blogging. This morning after looking at some pictures I went looking for my trip journal and could not find it. I had a major panic attack and literally ripped my apartment apart and still could not find it. I have memories of seeing it sitting on my desk so developed a very sick feeling that I had accidentally thrown it out.
Some of you will remember that on my trip to Europe back in 2008, I lost my journal. However this was only a week into my trip so as upset as I was, it was not a major issue. This time around however, my entire trip is in that book. There is no way to recover some of the little details I keep track of in those pages. Obviously I was a little upset but grasping at straws I sent a message to Mom thinking maybe, just maybe I left it there when I was home over the summer (I'll get to those blog posts eventually). Turns out I was right. Dad found it!!!!!!
How I felt when I found out my journal was at Mom and Dad's house. This is my relieved and super happy face.....but this little guy is super cute.
So Mom and I are discussing ways to get a few of those pages to me ASAP (thank goodness for scanners and email) so I hope to get some more posts up in the very near future.
Julie

No comments:
Post a Comment