Monday, October 27, 2014

Holy Upgrade and the Start of the Trip of a Lifetime

Travel from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to Buenos Aires, Argentina,
Friday, February 14th, 2014

So you might remember that a year ago on Valentine's Day I started my trek up Mount Kilimanjaro. Fitting that this year on Valentine's Day I began this year's big adventure. It started with a 26 hour trip from Riyadh to Argentina. A few days before my trek began I received a nice email from Emirates Airlines offering me an upgrade to business class, for not that much more money. I took another look at my itinerary and the 19 hour trip from Dubai to Rio de Janerio to Buenos Aires and decided having a nice lay flat seat and champagne on demand was worth the extra costs.


This pretty much sums up my entire flight. When you get on the plane and the offer you juice or champagne..... I made it clear to the girls the answer was always champagne (until meal times and then I would pair whatever wine went with my dinner). I will never be able to fly economy again, just for reference.

For roughly the 26ish hours it took me to get to Buenos Aires, I combined sleeping, eating, drinking and attempting to watch movies (which mostly turned into sleeping). I had to get off the plane for about an hour in Rio de Janerio (so they could re-fuel and supply and clean etc. ) and then we were back on our way to Buenos Aires.

I arrived there pretty much on schedule for what would turn into 5 pretty indescribable weeks....but I will describe them...here on my blog.

Stay tuned....I have a school break coming up soon.

Julie

No comments: