Monday, March 10, 2014
Today was a travel day, which meant not much went on at all. First, I had to catch the bus back to El Calafate. It was a very early bus, and my first little hiccup of my trip occurred on this morning. The driver who was supposed to pick me up and take me to the bus station, did not show up.....or showed up late. I got a little worried so decided to make the 7.5 minute walk instead.....got there in plenty of time to catch the bus.
3 hours later I arrived back in El Calafate. My flight to Buenos Aires was later in the day so I had a few hours to kill. Aerolinas Argentina had made a change to my flight. The switched my arrival airport from the domestic airline to the international airline. Problem was I had an early departure from the domestic airline and did not want the extra cab ride in-between. When I arrived in El Calafate I decided I would stop into the office to see what they could do. They ended up changing my flight....and upgrading me to business class as well. What it meant is that I left El Calafate earlier and arrive back in Buenos Aires much, much earlier.
Anyway, I still has some time so went for a hot chocolate and then for a quick lunch and a beer before heading to the airport.
A nice little local beer to finish my time in Patagonia.
Looking out at the lake as I wait for my plane.
That's my plane.......last moments before boarding.
I had decided that I had enough time between flights now that I didn't want to stay in the airport so booked a nice hotel close to the airport. Upon arrival I had a quick dinner and then settled in nicely for a few hours sleep. I would be back at the airport first thing in the morning and ready to cross the border.
Julie

No comments:
Post a Comment