Various Canadian Locations
Yeah to coming home!!!! My favourite time of year is when I make my yearly pilgrimage back to Canada. After coming home the last couple of years in the winter I decided this year I needed to visit Canada in the summer. And what a great idea it was. I got a lot of great weather and some even better family time. Just two stops this time around (Vernon, BC followed by Milton, Ontario) but there certainly were not a lot of dull days. Here are some pictures:
Around Vernon, BC:
A little bit of a hike and a trip to the hot springs in Nakusp.
The beautiful bridge the crosses that river.
Beautiful day at the golf course. Can't say the golf was very good but certainly was a nice day to be out there.
About as close to the water as I got......way too cold for me.
My friend Shadia came into town for a few days and we headed out to check out a few things as well......like our little hike up Silver Star.
Nothing like a little black bear sighting in the summer. You can see in the background some of the mountain bikers who use the hill in the summer. They had to do some creative maneuvering when they came across this little guy.
Not to worry.....he had no interest in any of us.....was just looking for some berries and stuff to eat.
We hiked down the hill....but elected to take the ski lift up to the top.
Another very nice day....also happened to be Canada Day.
Found a little snow at the top of the hill.
We made a quick stop at Davidson's Orchard as well.....to feed the goats.
Just a few little goats to feed. They are pretty cute.
It was then back home in time for some Canada Day celebrations.
And of course some fireworks.
Final detail of the Vernon portion of the trip.....buying some fun new luggage......at like 90% off.
Around Milton, Ontario:
After my fun days in Vernon, it was time to head east to visit Steve, Heather and little Olivia....who just keeps on getting bigger. We had lots of fun days there.
We did a little gardening.
And blew some bubbles on the back deck.
Took a little trip out to the shooting range.
I wasn't a terrible shot.....but can't say this is my thing.
We spent some time at the park.
And at the splash pad.
And made a trip to Springridge Farm.
We played on the slides.
And saw some super cute little animals.
And Olivia got herself a pony ride. She doesn't like dogs so much..... but really liked the pony ride.
It was a pretty nice day at the farm.
We also spent a day hiking.
Very pretty day in the woods.
And another splash pad.
And a little wine tasting......
.....while catching up with a good friend. (This is Vanessa.....who I met in Antarctica, in case you weren't sure).......
.......on a beautiful night in Toronto.
And of course some strawberry picking.
Olivia did a good job picking.
Another nice day.
As always, my visit was too short and I had to head back to Riyadh when I seemed like I had just gotten here. But that always leaves me looking forward to the next trip.
Until next time Canada.
Julie












No comments:
Post a Comment