My first stop was the CN Tower where I learned just how much I hate heights. The observation deck was ok but the Sky Pod was not so great and I really did not like the glass floor. I did stand on it, however I only made it in a very small corner and had to hold on to some strange guy’s arm to do it but I did get one decent picture.
From the Glass Floor
Looking Up
Next I headed over to Skydome (well they call it Roger’s Centre now but to some of us it will always be Skydome). It was being set-up for a Bridal show (I know very different from a baseball or football game but still got the point. Did you know there are 250,00 bolts in the roof of Skydome? I didn't either but there is some useless trivia for you anyways.
View from the CN Tower
My final stop was The Hockey Hall of Fame.
I must say I probably did not appreciate it as much as some would but hey this is as close to the Stanley Cup as I will ever get (this is just a replica by the way).
I know the big brother (yes you Steve) would love this place…not just because it is all about hockey but also because there are a billion things to read.......but Heather bring a chair because you will be in there for hours.
These belonged to Wayne...Gretzky that is
My next trip will be to Chicago (also a very quick trip) to meet with Debi, and I have a feeling we will be getting very little sleep (we will be there to celebrate with the entire city as they Bears play in the Super Bowl) but at least this time I won’t have to head to work 6 hours after I arrive home.
Oh and still figuring out the job situation so don’t ask.
Thanks Joe for putting me up for my couple days in town and getting me to and from the airport. Next time I will try to stay longer.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment