A view from the top level at RFK Stadium. No this is not where my seats were. You should all know by now that I like to sit a lot closer to the action.
Well the regular season is now over and we are heading into the playoffs. Before the season ended though I decided I needed to catch one more game. It was a great game between the Washington Nationals and the Philadelphia Phillies. The exciting part of the game though was that is was the very last game at RFK Stadium (named for Robert R Kennedy). It was a very festive day. They even brought back some the original Washington Senators (just a quick history lesson, Washington’s original ball team were the Senators but they moved to Minnesota and become the Twins after the 1971 season. The Nationals became the Nationals in 2005 when the Montreal Expos were relocated.) The Nationals won which was nice for the crowd and then we watched them dig up home plate so it can be transported to the new stadium next year.This is where I sat.
Tony Bautista (a former Blue Jay) at the plate.
Me at the park.
So now that ball season is over I guess I will have to hit up a basketball game, a hockey game and an NFL game.
Julie

No comments:
Post a Comment