Sunday, May 04, 2008

Cayman Adventure Day Three

April 25th, 2008

Some fun Island homes

Well Friday was suppose to be Debi's day off but she had a big money client who asked for her so she had to go to work in the morning. This gave me a chance to sleep in before she got home and headed out on a little Island adventure. We really truly lucked out because Debi just happened to run into someone about a week before my visit that had an extra vehicle that she was able to borrow for a month. This meant that instead of having to spend money on renting a car, we spent it on other stuff (or just didn't spend it at all) and were still able to check out the Island. As I have said before, Deb really is good at meeting and knowing people who can hook us up with cheap (and sometimes free) things, which she did a few other times on my trip.

This really is a good deal isn't it....although I guess you would have to want 2 jerks.......of course they are talking about chicken....the rest of the sign offers free soda (that's pop) as well.

Anyway, Day three took us to the far side of the island, away from Georgetown, away from Seven Mile beach, away from the cruise ships and away from most of the tourists. We headed to another one of her favourite beaches. I must say I really did enjoy it as well. Of course on the way there I made my first visit to our town....Bodden Town that is.

Now the far side is very different from the side Debi lives on. I totally liked it. We spent a very nice afternoon there. Debi kept me very well sunscreened hoping to keep my sunburn at a minimum but I think we were past the point of no return on that one.

I think the picture says it all.

Debi delivering drinks to the sand.

Debi's new floating device. She bought it just for me...to use while I was there. I am sure she will get lots of use out of it too.

The first use of some water cameras. I bought 3. Debi didn't think I could use them all, but I assure you I did.

Sunglasses in the water. Whatever.

The beach offered us some great sun, some great fruity drinks, a quick snack and then we headed back to town to get ready for the rest of our friday night.

Well I guess not so fast becuase we actually stopped at a place called Macabucas first for some drinks and to check out the sunset. The drinks were good....the sunset was better and it was a nice way to cap off our night.

One of the many sunsets we would get to see on the Island.

Ok I think we all know the night did not end at sunset!!! Our night started up again at Calico Jacks (a place we would return to many, many times).

Hanging out at Calicos

We started with a few drinks there trying to decide where we would head for the rest of the night. We ended up heading out to see the Return of the King....the King being Beres Hammond (and the Harmony House Band) who is an amazing Reggae artist from the Bahamas (I think). Of course before he went on stage though we had to see several really bad performers, listen to the MC thank the sponsors about a billion times, one really good opening act and then finally sometime between 1:30am and 2:00am Beres took to the stage. I have never been to a Reggae concert before but this was really good. Lots of energy, good music and of course it was outside which makes it all the better.

Deb at I at the show. You can totally see my sunburn in this picture. Don't worry it has turned into a perfect brown now.

The show went until sometime after 3am when we finally headed home. The next day was going to be another long one but we would not let one late night get us down.

Julie

No comments: