Kas, Turkey
Well like I said today was a free day for the group. No plans what so ever……..except for dinner a little bit later. I was planning on sleeping in a bit but decided to get up early to grab a shower. Hot water is a rare commodity at this hotel so I figure I would try to get some before everyone else. It turns out I was right. I got a warm shower and I am pretty sure I am the only one.
Ok so I woke up to pouring rain. This is the staircase next to my hotel room window. It was a bit of waterfall but by the time I actually left the hotel.....it had stoppped raining.
What would a sea-side village be without a fisherman.
Anyway, the day went a little bit like this.....I wandered around for a bit, checked out some stuff, met up with some of the group, ate some lunch….for 2 hours, wandered around a bit more, drank some tea, took a nap, checked my email, facebooked a bit, and then ate dinner.
Beware the crashing waves. Couldn't get to close to the edge but stood jsut close enough to get a picture.
Looking out at one of the many islands just off shore. One of those islands is the Greek Island of Meis.......just off shore from Turkey but still a part of Greek. Very easy for Greeks to come to Kas to do thier shopping and banking and whatever but almost impossible for Turks to head out there to visit.
Somewhere in there we did get followed by a dog for a bit…one of the dogs from last night. But he was nice and appeared to just want to hang out…and I probably found a cute kitten because well, they are everywhere.
The Lycan Tombs which were built right into the mountain wall. It was a little bit of a climb but I actually did not go too high. Hiking by myself in a random Turkish town when no one actually knew where I was after it had been raining all day didn't seem like the safest thing to do.
I had to walk right in-between these 2 houses to get to the Lycan Tombs. There was a walkway and a sign so I figured it was ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment