Oh there she is. Remember this....the day I took her home. Can't believe it has been 3 years (see the very first post on this blog EVER for confirmation). Oh I miss her but we will be reunited, if only for a week at the end of August.
I guess I should start with that I decided late Friday afternoon that I wanted to head to Baltimore Saturday morning to catch a couple Jays/Orioles games. Of course normally I would have just jumped in my car and made the drive but now I can't. I looked into renting a car but it turns out that if you want to rent a car in Manhattan on the weekend, you need to do it before Friday night.
Ahhhh Baltimore. How I've.......missed you?
Upon arrival in Baltimore my two goals were to find tickets to Saturday and Sunday's games and find a hotel. Of course tickets were easy (always lots of good seat available) but finding a hotel that was good enough to host me for a night (I'm still a princess....you know I like my 5 stars) was......ok it was still easy but of course it was expensive. Sometimes I just wish I didn't care.
Anyone else find it ironic that my hotel room view was of the hospital I use to work at? Yeah, that is Johns Hopkins Hospital. The memories...or nightmares......I guess probably both.
My view for Saturday's game. That's Marco Scuturo up to bat. I now have a baseball autographed by Marco. Fun story, so I'm leaving the hotel to head to the game on Sunday when this guy stops and starts talking to me, asking me if I am from T.O and stuff (imagine this is all with a Puerto Rican accent please). He starts telling me how he works for the players, is an agent and stuff like that. I figure he's lying to me. Turns out he wasn't. He is Alex Rios' agent and friends with a lot of the guys so he got me a ball and I got to talk to Raul Chavez (the Jay's back-up catcher) and I got a couple autographs. Fun, I know. Once again timing. If I had left the hotel a little earlier or a little later, I never would have run into Jose.
My view for Sunday's game. Yeah. I had a good time. Ahhhhhh, the Baltimore Orioles...keeping the Blue Jays out of last place for years to come. Of course if I had chosen to sell this ticket, I could have used a free ticket from Jose because Alex (that's Alex Rios, the Jays' right fielder) always leaves him two. But my seat was better, so I kept it.
Vernon Wells. He totally knows I am taking this picture.
That's Aaron Hill and Lyle Overbay. The original plate ump got injured so this is during a break in play while one of the other guys throws on his gear.
Rookie pitcher Ricky Romero. If he can stay healthy, we might of a chance.
Another rookie pitcher (that really is the theme of our season) Marc Rzepczynski. And yes I did spell that correctly.
After the game. Yeah, we lost both games but I still have team spirit.
So my weekend in Baltimore was....well it actually ended up to be very expensive, but totally worth it. I thought I had found myself settled in Manhattan. Turns out I was wrong. Appears I still have a need to travel. I guess that will help make decisions in the next few months a lot easier.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment