Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So You Wanna Be a New Yorker?

New York, New York


Well I am almost a New Yorker......and not just because I have been here for 3 months (I know that is a long time for me to be in one place). Mainly it is because I am being told I meet some of the criteria required before you can be considered a New Yorker. Here they are:

1. Rush everywhere you go. It is widely known that New Yorkers walk fast. We may not be going anywhere, but we are going to get there fast so try to stay out of the way. It makes us mad.

2. Carry an umbrella. Big, small, pink, Coach, Gucci, rain or shine, doesn't matter. Just have it with you at all times. I hate umbrellas. They really are the bain of my existance. There is nothing I hate more than having to carry an umbrella but I learned very quickly that it is too hot here when it rains to wear a rain jacket.....so I am getting use to the whole umbrella thing. Plus it doubles as a "guy who won't stop talking to me" hitting stick. (Yes, I did hit a guy with my umbrella the other day......it made him go away).

3. Have a lot of Chinese food delivered. As we learned on the 4th of July, ordering take-out chinese is the American way.....or at least the New York way.

4. Eat a lot of pizza. Have it delivered, eat it by the slice while walking down Lexington Avenue, eat Brooklyn style, brick oven....it doesn't matter. Just eat pizza. I think we all know.....I love pizza. It should be its own food group.

5. Know what street meat is......and enjoy it. Ahhhhh, street meat.....so good. (Get your mind out of the gutter. Street meat is nothing but good stuff. Ask me about it later and I will enlighten you.)

So now I think all I need to do is buy a pair of rubber boots......but some seriously fashionable rubber boots afterall it is Nw York. And yeah, a few of those do have to do with food but always remember...........New York tastes good.

I love this city.

Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me want to visit New York!!