Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to the Ballpark....I am now 0-for-6

The Bronx, New York
Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So the Jays came back to town for a 3 game stretch so I had to catch at least one more game. Actually worked out well that the game I made it to was the Tuesday night game because Canadian pitcher Scott Richmond is off the DL (disabled list) and happened to be pitching tonight. You might remember that I was suppose to see him pitch when they were here July 4th weekend, but he was placed on the DL just before that.

Scott Richmond...in case you weren't sure.

So I headed to the game straight from work and I must say the subway ride seemed a lot less friendly than it has in the past. Now I always wear my Jays' gear on the train and I don't usually have any problems but today I seemed to get a lot of scowls and dirty looks. Not sure why Yankees fans hate us....not like we are challenging them for first place or anything. Whatever....you never know with New Yorkers.

Also Scott Richmond. Actually pitched pretty good.....but didn't get the win I'm afraid.....because the Jays lost.

Anyways, whatever, my team may be in almost last place, but I will still cheer for them. And this game actually looked like it might turn in our favour....but it did not. We were winning until the bottom of the 8th inning, when Jesse Carlson decided he needed to give up 2 home runs........ and the lead and the Yankees scored 4 runs. We got one back in the top of the 9th but still lost 7-5.

Yes, Joe Inglett.......I feel the same way.

Of course the Jays will be back in September and they will be in Baltimore to close out the season in October so there still is a chance I can see a win sometime this season.

Ok, no baseball blog is complete without a picture of Derek Jeter.

Julie

No comments: