The house looked great as always. Always nice to see Dad's hard work.
Ok so I probably should have explained in my previous post the reason for my most recent trip home. I am sure some of you are thinking (because I know I was) it was so soon for me to return after just moving back to NYC and starting my new job. The reason was that Debi and Scotty (the boyfriend....or as Mom refers to him "Debi's Partner".....so funny) were preparing to move to Australia (where Scotty is from) but they were making a stop in Vernon before hand and we thought it would be fun to all get together. Of course Steve and Heather also came for a visit so the event marked the first time all the Boddens had been in the same country since Steve and Heather's Wedding in July of 2008.
What a good looking family. Finally we have found someone to add to the picture who is taller than Debi. I am of course referring to Scotty.
Yes it has been a long time and you would think it would be easier to get the 3 of us in the same spot but since it has in fact been around 16 months I was going to have to go with. Plus I negotiated the time off in my contract so I really had no excuse not to be there.
Look at all those presents. I did miss out on decorating the tree....seems like forever since I have gotten to decorate a tree. Maybe next year.
Heather showing off her new Blue Jays hat. She will need that once her and Steve move to Milton (just outside Toronto). Don't worry, Steve got one too and they make a great replacement for the Yankees hats I have caught them wearing. In case you didn't guess....they came from me.
Debi and Scotty showing off their Vancouver Olympic gear. Not sure they need the mitts in Australia but I must say, I have a pair of those red mitts and just love them. I hear they are pretty hard to come by these days. So glad I bought mine early.
Dad opening a gift from me. He seems to not even notice the camera.....because he was so excited about the gift. Uncle Andy saw it later and wanted one just like it.
In case you can't read it, the sign says "What happens in the garage, stays in the garage". I found it while wandering the streets of NYC, as I have often been known to do.
The "adult" table enjoying dinner. Looks like Dad is refusing to wear his crown again.
Enjoying some wine and the view. That is Uncle Andy hiding behind the door.
Let's see....Mom, Auntie Faye, Heather and I...hanging out with some wine next to some food. Yeah, that sounds about right.
Julie




No comments:
Post a Comment