Vernon, British Columbia
That's the flag of British Columbia for those of you who aren't sure.
Unfortunately Steve and Heather had to leave (I believe there was a court case and a house to sell and jobs or something like that), but Mom, Dad, Debi, Scotty and I still had a few more days so we filled our time with stuff. After dropping Steve and Heather off at the airport I made a stop in to visit Crystal (you know from the Wedding on the Island at the end of August). We had a nice chat. Always nice to be around good friends. Once I got home, I am sure we had a nice relaxing evening at home because I have no memory of what we did but Tuesday was a lot busier.
Debi wanted pictures of trees with snow on them. I wasn't getting out of the car so this is the picture I took.
There was some debate about going snowboarding but in the end it was decided that we would just make a drive up Silver Star Mountain and check out the hill. I think most of us agreed (well at least Scotty, Debi and I) once we got up there that we should have hit the slopes. But Debi did reach her goal of playing in some snow and we all got some pictures.
Some of the snow up on Silver Star. There was no snow in Vernon but you didn't have to go very far up the hill to find all this.
Dad, Debi, Scotty and I hanging out on the mountain. It was cold up there.
I see you. Some of the Canadian Forces boys doing a little skiing. Dad says they were in town doing some training for security at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. They weren't blending in with the snow at all.
Uh-oh. Dad's got a snowball. Looks like he's about to start some trouble.
Debi and I with the bulldog at the Bulldog Pub.
I'm not sure Scotty looks impressed. He was probably tired of taking pictures in the cold.
BX Creek. Yes it is really little.
Another shot of the creek. So pretty.
See I did get out of the car this time.
Before we headed back home so everyone could get packed (me included) we hit the bowling alley. Ok first we spent 10 hours (give or take) looking for a new backpack for Debi but once we found that we headed to do some bowling. I'm told it was Scotty's idea and what a great idea it was. Safe to say none of us will be joining any leagues anytime soon but it sure was fun. Dad completely ran away with the first game but I am very happy to report that yours truly pulled it out with my final 3 balls in the final frame of the 2nd game.Dad actually looked pretty good out there. Turns out he worked in a bowling alley as a kid (he set up the pins after people knocked them over.....how fun is that?).
Ok my form is not as good but I still won the second game.....YEAH ME!!!!
Of course this day also had to come to an end, Debi and Scotty had to go to Vancouver to catch a plane to Australia and of course I eventually had to return to New York. It was a great, great week. Totally worth the hours on a plane and in the airport. Let's hope we don't have to wait another 16 months before our next reunion.
Julie





No comments:
Post a Comment