Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Game

Of course I had to include a few pictures from my visit to the world's most famous arena...Madison Square Garden. Why is it called Madison SQUARE Garden when the building is so obviously round you ask? Because the orginal Madison Square Garden use to live at Madison Square Park. Of course it doesn't now but still holds the name. So now you know.

The game itself was really good. Had everything you would want to see in a game between two rivals (of course I mean the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils). I got to see 3 great periods, a fst paced overtime and then the ever exciting shoot-out (and I don't care what people say...the shoot-out is great). It is too bad for the home side that the Rangers lost (and really in need of the points if they hope to make the playoffs) but it was a good game none the less.

I also got the opportunity to watch Travis Zajac play (#19, white sweater, centre of picture, just took the face off). I know what some of you are thinking..who is Travis Zajac. Travis played Junior hockey for the Salmon Arm Siverback (that's out in BC Canada for my American friends.....you can google it). My big brother (Steve) happened to be a coach for the team and I am pretty sure that I saw him play a couple games before we was big NHL player so it was kind of neat.
Much closer score than the Flyers-Penguins game I attended.



Julie

No comments: