My view of the Empire State Building from just around the corner from my place. I can't lie.....it still steals my gaze every time I walk by.
Some of the spring flowers along Park Ave. This really is a nice place to be.....when the sun is out.
It is true…....this city really never sleeps. There is always something going on and there is always a 24 hour restaurant just down the street. The city is busy…..and if you happen to be moving slowly, you will make everyone behind you mad. I have been told that I am already officially a New Yorker because I use to love Times Square…..and I now I hate it because there are too many tourists taking random pictures (ironic......I know).Yeah...Park Ave. I actually do spend a lot of time walking this street.
I am finding myself spending my free time wandering the streets…..each day heading off in a different direction. Although it is enjoyable and in a few more weeks there will be street festivals and things like that to check out….....I am mapping out my museum visits as we speak. The wandering has taken me past many stores…too many.…and those many stores have lead to several pairs of new shoes (4 to be exact....…but 2 of those pairs were for work so they don’t count), a couple dresses (it will be a hot summer.....I hope...... so they will come in handy…..and they were on sale so they also don't count) and some pants......and shirts (also for work......so you guessed it......also does not count). So I guess when you look at it....I actually have not bought much at all yet. Yeah me!
A Free Tibet rally on East 42nd Street. My guess is it started at the UN but I can't tell you where it ended. Maybe I need to follow East 42nd and see where it leads me......once I get past Times Square.
So I mentioned the lifestyle a little bit earlier and when I talk about that I talk about how this entire city is set up for the pure convenience of the people who live and work here. Everyone delivers (restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies and even the dry cleaners), you do not have to go more than half a block to find a dry cleaner who also does quick alterations and offer a pick-up and delivery wash and fold service (so you hand them a bag of your dirty laundry and they bring it back to you all clean) I have been told to start doing the math because many people actually find it cheaper to get their laundry done this way than dropping quarters into machines. I am lucky because there are laundry facilities in the basement of my building….but it is still $1.50 a load. You also do not have to go more than a block to find a pharmacy, a Starbucks, a deli, a market......really anything.
Taken while walking through Central Park.
I have cooked only twice….which let’s face it is not out of the ordinary for me….but I do normally throw a Lean Cuisine in the microwave…..and call it cooking. Here though it really is cheaper just to order in. I have been trying to check out a few different places. The choices are endless and the girls at work are starting to give me a few ideas so I should not run out of options. By the time anyone comes to visit me I should have some new ideas of places to go.Not sure where this is.
And of course there is the job. So far the job has been great. I am pretty sure I will be having a very hard time returning to a job in the hospital…....ever. I always said I wanted to get out of the hospital and head into the clinic setting……it turns about I was right about that too.
Saturday traffic on Park Ave.
And if you can't tell I am loving the city. I can't lie, I have already been checking out rental companies to see what rent here would set me back....if I decided to take a permanent position. Of course I would first have to take that permanent position and the idea still gives me heart palpitations but the idea of calling NYC home makes things a little better. Of course I am still a few weeks away from having to make any decisions so until them I am just going to live my life and enjoy the city.Found this on another random street.....a really boring, plain and uninteresting street. I should know by now that almost everything can be interesting if you just take a closer look.
Julie
1 comment:
That's so cool Julie. I love the pictures. It's funny the longer I have been out in Strathmore the more I hate the city. I find Calgary is far too populated and busy for me. I am glad that you love NY, endless possibilities for you there, that can't be said about Strathmore!
Post a Comment