Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A visit from....The Boddens

New York, New York

A random building between my apartment and Times Square. It looked neat so I took a picture.

Well I tried Rutland Vermont. I tried Harrisburg Pennsylvania. I tried New Haven Connecticut. I tried Baltimore Maryland and I even tried Washington DC........twice, but I have not been able to coax anyone down here to visit me (except Dad but technically he was just coming to get me and bring me back to Canada safe and sound.....and catch a Cubs game along the way so that doesn't count). I move to New York City and 5 weeks later people are not only wanting to visit.....but they actually get on a plane and move onto my hide-a-bed for a week. Imagine that.

Another random building between my apartment and Times Square. I liked this one too. I am sure we have all guessed by now I am loving the architecture in the city.

The first visit started today with the arrival of Steve and Heather from Saskatchewan. They made their way from the airport, to Penn Station, to my work to pick up my apartment key (where it was a little difficult to find me since I am still a little new and not everyone knows who I am) and then they were off to my place......to wait for me to get off work.

Grand Central Station. It's grand and it's central.....and it's just down the street from my apartment.

First night in New York....well I did have to show them a couple things so we took a bit of a walk and found Times Square. Now I hope they appreciate that I went with them because I think we all know that I can no longer stand the place. Far too many useless people, taking random pictures and well, just getting in my way. Of course I couldn't allow my dislike for the place to interfere with my sharing of the sights, the sounds and the atmosphere that is Times Square.

Yes, Times Square. I guess I can't talk about it without posting at least one picture.

So Steve and Heather will be here for a week and there will be lots to see and do...for all of us. As usual, there will be no pictures of Steve.....but you will see a lot of Heather and I.

The engineers and other support staff at NBC on the picket line. Apparently NBC is making a decent profit these days but does not want to share it with their contract workers.

Julie

No comments: