New York, New York
So Thursday morning rolled around and Steve and Heather went sightseeing and I went to work. What did Steve and Heather see? Well, you will have to ask them. This is my blog so really unless I'm involved, sorry I'm not telling the stories. I do know they had a great day and I was able to join them to see one more thing once I got done with work.
The Kids (how I referred to them for a lot of the week) wanted to head to the Top of the Rock, which I had never actually visited so it was a good place to meet. Top of the Rock is the viewing platform at the Rockefeller Center. I have always been told that there is a better view from up there than from the Empire State Building and now I can say I agree. The view was great. Absolutely worth the trip up. There were a lot of people up there but I dealt with it to get a few pictures.
Up on the roof. The building in the back ground is the Citicorp Center. The roof was originally designed to hold solar panels but the high price of the equipment would have surpassed the potential savings in energy costs (in 1977 anyways....they be changing their minds now). Neat to know that to 59 storey tower is supported by 10 story high super columns. So glad I was able to get a picture of the distinctive roof from here. The other best place to get a picture is from the other side of the Harlem River.....in Queens, and the only good reason I can think of to go to Queens is for a Mets' game (coming soon.....I hope).
Central Park from Top of the Rock. Not sure if it looks bigger or smaller from up here.
The Empire State Building. It absolutely looked smaller from up here.
Of course once Steve was done making video we were able to head back down and grab some food. It's New York so we found a nice Irish Pub (very, very easy to do in this city by the way). It did the trick before I had to go to bed. There were more fun times at work on Friday.Grand Central Station and The Chrysler Building.
So Friday morning Steve and Heather again headed out to sight see as I went to work. By the time Friday night rolled around I was ready to share the NYC nightlife with them. Not sure what The Kids wanted to do but I figured in the end the West Village was the best place to head. Lots of places for food and drinks and good times. It also turned out to be a good place to run into some Sailors and Marines. (Ok...so maybe I was not overly surprised by that).Heather and I having a fun time. I think Steve had fun too. I do have pictures of him smiling but of course I can't share them so you will have to take my word for it. And yes that margarita was very good.
Look what I found. I think it belonged to one of the boys standing behind me. Not sure which one. The hats were just lying around on tables. I think mostly so random girls would take pictures with them.
Ok not a Marine or Sailor but that was one giant beer.....and he drank the whole thing so this guy deserves some space on this blog. Hope he made it home ok.
So Steve and Heather may have headed home long before I did and there was some concern that my brother just took off and abandoned me at some bar. But don't worry, I was hanging out with some US Marines so I was in good hands. Oh wait, I was hanging out with Marines....maybe we should have been a little worried.See....good hands.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment