Friday, October 4th, 2013
Well Ball season is about to go into full swing again (it never actually ends) but this year is was a little bit early. Due to some planned renovations at the Canadian Embassy (they have been planing them for like 7 years now and they still have not happened) the Red and White Ball had to be held early.
I missed the ball last year as I was in Canada at the time but this year I wasn't going to miss it. Most people who attend try to wear some red or white or both and I had neither so went on the hunt for a red dress. Not easy to find here in Riyadh so I decided to try ordering one online. I've had mixed luck when buying stuff online but found a nice site that sold pretty cheap dresses and found one I liked. The site allowed custom measurements (because all dresses are made to order) for a really small fee so I did some quick measurements and sent for the dress.
Due to complications with billing and shipping etc, I had the dress sent to Mom and Dad. Mom checked it out before sending it on to me and was pretty impressed with how well the dress was put together. It was a bit tight in a couple places (next time I'll let someone else measure me) but I was very happy with how it looked.
And the dress...and hair. Debi helped me find a hair style to go along with the dress.
The back of the dress. Nice and simple.
Ready for the ball.!!!
It was a very nice evening (as always no pictures I'm afraid). Quite different than some of the other balls I've been too. Total Canadian touches to the night including all the red and white decorations and nanaimo bars for dessert.
Already looking forward to next year's event.......unless the Embassy renovations actually happen.
Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment