December 2013
It's not that easy to do but it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas here in Riyadh. I really like Christmas so was pretty excited. My decoration collection is still a little small but I did what I could. I had 2 strings of lights that I put in my window (and somehow didn't get a picture of them) and then a few other things for around the house.
I took most of the Christmas week off. I left work Christmas Eve at around and then wouldn't be back to work until 5th January 2014. It was very nice to just be able to sit and relax and enjoy the holiday season.....even here in Riyadh.
My little Charlie Brown Christmas tree complete with a few ornaments from home and all my presents from Mom and Dad. Before you comment, yes that is an official Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.
My little snowman candy jar on my desk at work.
My little table with my new pointsetta and in the back my gift to myself (a food dehydrator...bought on Amazon).
Christmas dinner. So good.
Very proud of myself for my apple pie. Pretty sure this is the first apple pie I've made since I was a girl guide trying to earn a baking badge. Also the first one I made without Mom talking me through it step by step. I did have a fight with the pastry (seriously, you don't realise how much you miss lard until you make pastry with vegetable shortening) but it turned out very good.
My Christmas ball puzzle from Mom and Dad. Occupied my time a bit while dinner was cooking.
Did anyone else celebrate Boxing Day like this? It was a beautiful afternoon in Riyadh. Perfect for relaxing.
As you can tell by the last photo, I am in full holiday mode. After a relaxing day by the pool on Boxing Day I head to Jordan on the 27th. So excited.
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.
Julie






No comments:
Post a Comment