Sunday, February 07, 2016

Another Travel Day....With Only a Slight Delay

Travel to Mendoza, Argentina
Friday, March 14th, 2014

Today was another travel day. I would be making my way from Iguassu to Mendoza, Argentina. Like every little flight around here, I had to go through Buenos Aires. I had a relatively early morning flight out of Iguassu. Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, I found it pouring rain and pretty much every flight delayed. The domestic airport in Buenos Aires is probably one of the least equipped airports I have been too (for a city this size). Not many places to sit and wait. The restaurants were full. The floor was full and I was tired so it was not a great delay.

Of course, flight delays are always the least of the concerns when on vacation. At least I knew I was getting there eventually.

And eventually I did. It was then a quick taxi ride to my hotel and then I still had time to sort a few things out.


Not sure this room was big enough. Just not enough space. 

Once settled in (you know, unpacking, laundry etc), I headed out to make some plans. I had 4 days planned in Mendoza and had at least a couple things I wanted to do. Of course one is a wine tour (because I'm in wine country) and the other was a visit to the Andes mountains (because I'm close to the Andes). I had been in touch with a few tour companies before I arrived and all their offices were just down the street from my hotel so as I was looking for restaurants I headed out to finalise my days. That did not take long at all.

It was then time for a nice dinner and then to bed. Busy day tomorrow.

Julie

No comments: