Sunday, March 16th, 2014
As the title suggests, I did pretty much nothing today. My plan was to use the day to visit a few sites within the city of Mendoza. I never really got around to that though. I slept in until about 1230, eventually got up and went for a quick walk around town.
Found this park with a pretty nice fountain. At least the sun was out. And this was the only picture I took all day.
After about 2 hours and some food, I wandered back to my hotel, read my book, watched some TV and that was about it (exciting I know).
Later that evening I met up with Kate for dinner. I'm sure you know Argentina is famous for red wine and great steaks, so we decided to share some of that. Share because a steak here is most certainly big enough for 2 people. Our meal came to a total 36USD (so steak, salad, potatoes and a bottle of wine). That's 18USD each.....including tip. I'm sure I've mentioned before how cheap Argentina is, but that doesn't mean the food isn't good.
After dinner we stopped off at another restaurant for some more wine (because why not?) and then met up with Josh and Jimmy for Martinis. Great way to finish off a relaxing day.
Tomorrow I would get back to being a bit more productive.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment