Tuesday, March 18th, 2014
Well it is getting to be that time. That time I have to end my trip and head back to Riyadh. Today got me one step closer. I left Mendoza first thing in the morning (0600), heading back to Buenos Aires. I had decided that since I only had one day left I was staying in a nice hotel in a nice area. I found the Hotel Club Frances (The French Club) online and it seemed to fit all my needs. I had dropped a suitcase off to them before I left Buenos Aires the first time so had an idea that the online ratings were correct but I would soon find out for myself.
After my quick flight and the taxi from the airport, I arrived at the Hotel Club Frances....it was only 0830 so figured I would just drop my bag at the front desk and check-in later. Lucky for me though, not only was my room ready, but my left suitcase was up there waiting for me. I was also invited to have breakfast that morning as well. So I quickly settled in and then was down for breakfast. Now I have to say, I have had plenty of included hotel breakfasts, but this was probably one of the best.....ever. All kinds of yummy pastry and muffins and fresh squeezed orange juice and omelets and bacon. Really hit the spot this morning.
After that I honestly took a nap and then I went out to check a few last minute things.
My very nice, warm and comfy room. Not as big as the last one but much more comfortable. I would take this bed home with me if I could.
My giant bathroom. This picture does not do it justice but it had more than enough space for a few people.
This is the National Congress Building.
In the park, with the National Congress Building in the background.
Close up of the National Congress Building. This was actually the only building that I had wanted to take look at that I did not have a chance to on my first visit a few weeks ago.
Not sure what this one is but found it while wandering.
Part of my purpose today was to find the Emirates office to see about upgrading my flight. On this day it was a little expensive but they said it might get cheaper at the airport so would see about doing it tomorrow. Getting there was a bit of an adventure because there was some sort of protest about to start and the streets were being closed off. Lots of police around and even metal detectors so clearly whatever it was, it was planned. I decided not to stay by for too long and headed back to the hotel.
Why is there a picture of my closet? Well because when I got back from walking around, I laid down on my bed, noticed the new chocolates so knew the housekeeper had been in. It took me a bit of sorting around before I realized I was missing some clothes. Turns out housekeeping staff also cleaned up the clothes I left on the bed. I'm certainly not complaining.
Eventually I went out for dinner at a nearby place. Final dinner in Buenos Aires.....and it did not disappoint. I will totally be missing the food in a few days (and clearly the wine).
Tomorrow, I would have to pack my bags and head to the airport. This holiday was finally coming to an end.
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment